- 1Knowledge or perception of a situation or fact: we need to raise public awareness of the issue there is a lack of awareness of the risksMore example sentences
- Like her male counterpart, she always seems to have an affecting awareness of her sidekick status.
- The body is an organism with an intense awareness of itself.
- Let your morality come out of your own awareness rather than out of conditioning.
- 1.1Concern about and well-informed interest in a particular situation or development: a growing environmental awareness his political awareness developedMore example sentences
- Underpinning this year's congress was a strong current of environmental awareness.
- Increased levels of youth awareness about where to get contraception.
- A bolton charity is trying to raise awareness of age discrimination - using its own specially trained team of older people.