Definition of awe-inspiring in English:
Arousing awe through being impressive or formidable: Michelangelo’s awe-inspiring masterpiece
More example sentences
- The Boschian art direction here is impressive, with awe-inspiring architecture and angry, blackened skies.
- The choreographed lights to the music created an awe-inspiring spectacle as the orchestra and singers played and sang.
- America still churns with many fierce, and amazing, and awe-inspiring things, from all over the place.
magnificent, wonderful, spectacular, sublime, glorious, magical, dazzling, imposing, stirring, impressive;
formidable, terrifying, fearsome
informalmind-boggling, mind-blowing, out of this world, sensational, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, amazeballs
- Example sentences
- His father and sister had died, so it was left to his terminally ill (and, I might add, awe-inspiringly brave) mother to support her son.
- This is because circus had never been so awe-inspiringly, jaw-droppingly beautiful until Cirque du Soleil came along.
- The Darwin Awards showcase those who kill themselves in awe-inspiringly stupid ways.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.