Definition of awe-inspiring in English:
Arousing awe through being impressive or formidable: Michelangelo’s awe-inspiring masterpiece
More example sentences
- The Boschian art direction here is impressive, with awe-inspiring architecture and angry, blackened skies.
- The choreographed lights to the music created an awe-inspiring spectacle as the orchestra and singers played and sang.
- America still churns with many fierce, and amazing, and awe-inspiring things, from all over the place.
magnificent, wonderful, spectacular, sublime, glorious, magical, dazzling, imposing, stirring, impressive;
formidable, terrifying, fearsome
informal mind-boggling, mind-blowing, out of this world, sensational, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, amazeballs
- Example sentences
- His father and sister had died, so it was left to his terminally ill (and, I might add, awe-inspiringly brave) mother to support her son.
- This is because circus had never been so awe-inspiringly, jaw-droppingly beautiful until Cirque du Soleil came along.
- The Darwin Awards showcase those who kill themselves in awe-inspiringly stupid ways.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan