- Arousing awe through being impressive or formidable: Michelangelo’s awe-inspiring masterpieceMore example sentences
breathtaking, amazing, stunning, stupendous, astonishing, awesome, extraordinary, incredible; magnificent, wonderful, spectacular, sublime, glorious, magical, dazzling, imposing, stirring, impressive; formidable, terrifying, fearsome• informal mind-boggling, mind-blowing, out of this world, sensational, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious• literary wondrous• archaic awful
- The Boschian art direction here is impressive, with awe-inspiring architecture and angry, blackened skies.
- The choreographed lights to the music created an awe-inspiring spectacle as the orchestra and singers played and sang.
- America still churns with many fierce, and amazing, and awe-inspiring things, from all over the place.
- More example sentences
- His father and sister had died, so it was left to his terminally ill (and, I might add, awe-inspiringly brave) mother to support her son.
- This is because circus had never been so awe-inspiringly, jaw-droppingly beautiful until Cirque du Soleil came along.
- The Darwin Awards showcase those who kill themselves in awe-inspiringly stupid ways.