- (Of an anchor) raised just clear of the seabed.More example sentences
- It was anchors aweigh shortly after 5 p.m. as the captain pointed the bow in the direction of Rayong.
- Lord Dull of Ditchwater's coming in at three bells and anchor's aweigh, and I really think that you need to put that chap back on the floor.
- Even though we sang ‘Anchors aweigh, my boys’ and ‘From the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli’ in school, I knew of no friends or relatives in those branches of service.
More definitions of aweighDefinition of aweigh in:
- The US English dictionary