- A jump in skating from the forward outside edge of one skate to the backward outside edge of the other, with one (or more) and a half turns in the air.More example sentences
- I did some triple jumps, everything but the lutz and the axel.
- He is also using the triple axel / triple toe loop in his long program and is working on the quadruple salchow and quadruple flip.
- The second strategic mistake was the absence of a triple axel combination or quadruple toe loop attempt in the free skate.
1930s: named after Axel R. Paulsen (1885–1938), Norwegian skater.
More definitions of axelDefinition of axel in:
- The US English dictionary