- 1Self-evident or unquestionable: it is axiomatic that dividends have to be financedMore example sentences
- The authors seem to accept it as axiomatic that the masses who suffer under tyranny are necessarily pro-American.
- It is axiomatic that to understand fully the current state of any area of human endeavour it is of vital importance to have a clear grasp of its past.
- They came to accept as axiomatic that the strong and wealthy state is built on the energies of liberated individuals.
- 1.1chiefly Mathematics Relating to or containing axioms: 1914 saw the first axiomatic declaration of exactly what constitutes a ringMore example sentences
- Since Euclid's axiomatic formulation of geometry mathematicians had been trying to prove his fifth postulate as a theorem deduced from the other four axioms.
- We suggest that it was during R. L. Moore's tenure at Penn that he began to develop his method of teaching axiomatic systems, particularly topological spaces.
- He also examined the consistency of certain propositions in Gödel's system of axiomatic set theory.
- More example sentences
- But it is ordinary reciprocity that good psychoanalytic practice must, axiomatically, bar from the relationship of analyst and patient.
- . It's not a bad strategy, except that a strategy that relies on inaction is axiomatically vulnerable.
- Or are people who disagree with us to be considered axiomatically evil?
late 18th century: from Greek axiōmatikos, from axiōma 'what is thought fitting' (see axiom).