Definition of axiomatic in English:
1Self-evident or unquestionable: it is axiomatic that dividends have to be financed
More example sentences
- The authors seem to accept it as axiomatic that the masses who suffer under tyranny are necessarily pro-American.
- It is axiomatic that to understand fully the current state of any area of human endeavour it is of vital importance to have a clear grasp of its past.
- They came to accept as axiomatic that the strong and wealthy state is built on the energies of liberated individuals.
1.1chiefly Mathematics Relating to or containing axioms: 1914 saw the first axiomatic declaration of exactly what constitutes a ring
More example sentences
- Since Euclid's axiomatic formulation of geometry mathematicians had been trying to prove his fifth postulate as a theorem deduced from the other four axioms.
- We suggest that it was during R. L. Moore's tenure at Penn that he began to develop his method of teaching axiomatic systems, particularly topological spaces.
- He also examined the consistency of certain propositions in Gödel's system of axiomatic set theory.
- Example sentences
- But it is ordinary reciprocity that good psychoanalytic practice must, axiomatically, bar from the relationship of analyst and patient.
- . It's not a bad strategy, except that a strategy that relies on inaction is axiomatically vulnerable.
- Or are people who disagree with us to be considered axiomatically evil?
Words that rhyme with axiomaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, Asiatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, epigrammatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan