- A hypothetical subatomic particle postulated to account for the rarity of processes which break charge-parity symmetry.More example sentences
- Or another candidate is an even more exotic particle called the axion.
- This has helped to promote particle-DM, with candidates such as axions, neutralinos and other cold DM particles, as well as warm DM, and self-interacting DM, whose nature is not even specified.
- Axions, if they exist at all, do so in our ordinary dimensions, but they are stable neutral particles.
More definitions of axionDefinition of axion in:
- The US English dictionary