- A foolish or ill-timed remark or action: in spite of her bêtise about striped suits he saw her point of viewMore example sentences
- (Nanfang Daily) Yet another piece of bêtise: A plastic goods factory took advantage of the summer vacation to hire youth workers, including many of whom are under 16 years old.
- This is a special issue on bêtises d' enfance (childhood high jinks, goof ups and silly mistakes).
- Here are examples of what we call ‘faire des bêtises’ in French.
French, 'stupidity', from bête 'foolish'.
More definitions of bêtiseDefinition of bêtise in:
- The US English dictionary