Definition of baa in English:
verb (baas, baaing, baaed)[no object]
(Of a sheep or lamb) bleat.
- We knew they had brought sheep with them, for they could be heard, baaing and jingling their bells, tho’ see them we could not.
- Cattle and sheep started to roam languidly towards the hill slopes where they grazed, mooing and baaing.
- Meanwhile, they were peering through the fence, baaing.
nounBack to top
The cry of a sheep or lamb: loud baas fill the air in the springtime
More example sentences
- Koopa arrives with the letter, but hears moans and baas from the shed.
- Not doing much to dispel their clown reputation, this tune includes a bird tweeting and a sheep's baa!
- Aside from the occasional lazy baa of an unseen sheep, you could be the only person on earth.
early 16th century: imitative.
Definition of baa in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan