verb (baas, baaing, baaed)[no object]
- (Of a sheep or lamb) bleat.More example sentences
- We knew they had brought sheep with them, for they could be heard, baaing and jingling their bells, tho’ see them we could not.
- Cattle and sheep started to roam languidly towards the hill slopes where they grazed, mooing and baaing.
- Meanwhile, they were peering through the fence, baaing.
nounBack to top
- The cry of a sheep or lamb: loud baas fill the air in the springtimeMore example sentences
- Koopa arrives with the letter, but hears moans and baas from the shed.
- Not doing much to dispel their clown reputation, this tune includes a bird tweeting and a sheep's baa!
- Aside from the occasional lazy baa of an unseen sheep, you could be the only person on earth.
early 16th century: imitative.
More definitions of baaDefinition of baa in:
- The US English dictionary