- The after-effects of drinking an excess of alcohol: in the morning the atmosphere is fuzzy with babalaasMore example sentences
- Let's start by taking those words which are truly South African - babalaas, braaivleis, tshaila - and proudly integrate them into the language we speak most often.
- Interestingly once running, as I was concerned that it would not restart again, I drove off quickly and found that the car had a bit of a babalaas.
- Saw Bryan and Jacque there having quite a couple of shooters, hope it helps him get over his head injury, or should we call it a babalaas.
adjectiveBack to top
- Hung-over.More example sentences
- I read the term Babalaas on a subway in England. Its another word for feeling hung-over.
Afrikaans, from Zulu ibhabhalazi.