- Genera Papio and Mandrillus, family Cercopithecidae: several species, including the drill and mandrill. See also gelada.
- A free-ranging vervet monkey, baboon, or macaque recognizes other members of his group as individuals.
- They have to contend with elephants, hippos, bushpigs, porcupines, vervet monkeys, baboons and birds which are after their crops.
- By contrast, many Old World monkeys, such as baboons and macaques, live longer, start to reproduce later, and have more time between babies.
- This is what happened to Benjamin, my bozo of a baboon, who during his brief ascendancy became a jerk.
- It would seem that even they must know of the knuckle-dragging, race-baiting reactionary baboons.
- I guess we know why he acts like such a baboon when he gets loose in public.
Baboon was originally used for a carving such as a gargoyle, and probably comes from Old French baboue ‘muzzle’ or ‘grimace’. By about 1400 it was being used for the long-snouted monkey.
Words that rhyme with baboonafternoon, attune, autoimmune, balloon, bassoon, bestrewn, boon, Boone, bridoon, buffoon, Cameroon, Cancún, cardoon, cartoon, Changchun, cocoon, commune, croon, doubloon, dragoon, dune, festoon, galloon, goon, harpoon, hoon, immune, importune, impugn, Irgun, jejune, June, Kowloon, lagoon, lampoon, loon, macaroon, maroon, monsoon, moon, Muldoon, noon, oppugn, picayune, platoon, poltroon, pontoon, poon, prune, puccoon, raccoon, Rangoon, ratoon, rigadoon, rune, saloon, Saskatoon, Sassoon, Scone, soon, spittoon, spoon, swoon, Troon, tune, tycoon, typhoon, Walloon
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ba¦boon
Definition of baboon in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.