- Characterized by or given to drunken revelry: a bacchanalian orgyMore example sentences
- Since medieval times their annual fair was famous not only for its heights of bacchanalian revelry but also for the ferocious brawls that would inevitably break out.
- After one too many bacchanalian orgies, Timon realizes that he's squandered his entire fortune and turns to his many friends for financial support.
- What, mused Jean-Pierre, had happened to the bacchanalian orgy we feared and hoped for?
More definitions of bacchanalianDefinition of bacchanalian in:
- The US English dictionary