noun[treated as singular or plural]
- Any of a number of ornamental plants which bear small, button-like, double flowers, in particular:
More example sentences
- ● a white flower of the daisy family (Achillea ptarmica, family Compositae). ● a yellow buttercup (Ranunculus acris, family Ranunculaceae).
- Many flowers like bachelor's buttons, violas, calendula, pansies, & roses are edible as well as beautiful.
- Many mixes contain common annual flowers, such as bachelor's buttons and cosmos because they are likely to self-sow.
- I direct seed bachelor's buttons, bupleurum, bells of Ireland, coreopsis, zinnias, some sunflowers and more.
More definitions of bachelor's buttonsDefinition of bachelor's buttons in:
- The US English dictionary