- (Of a snake such as a boomslang) having the rear one or two pairs of teeth modified as fangs, with grooves to conduct the venom. Compare with front-fanged.More example sentences
- In back-fanged snakes, a poison gland lies above the teeth and the venom trickles down a groove in the tooth.
- The back-fanged snakes are tree-dwelling species seeking birds and free frogs for food.
- So, if you should go out in the woods today in the Eastern Highlands of Zimbabwe, beware green back-fanged tree snakes.
More definitions of back-fangedDefinition of back-fanged in:
- The US English dictionary