- Fat on the back of a meat-producing animal.More example sentences
- The specs call for moderate muscling and moderate back fat, not the ultra-lean genetics some breeders are promoting.
- The best grade is a 260-pound pig with an inch of back fat and 48% to 50% lean.
- The butcher had conveniently cubed all of the meat suitable for sausages, and the addition of some back fat, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs was all that was needed.
More definitions of back fatDefinition of back fat in:
- The US English dictionary