- A seat at the back of a vehicle.More example sentences
- Why pay company car tax on a normal estate car if the back seats are folded flat all the time to facilitate load handling?
- Those back seats swivel round too, allowing you to open the boot and create instant, sheltered, picnic seating.
- It would be a versatile vehicle to own especially with the movable back seats.
take a back seat
- Take or be given a less important position or role: in future he would take a back seat in politicsMore example sentences
- Yet the majority of the book emphasizes dinosaur osteology, systematics, and the fossil record; paleobiology takes a back seat to this important foundation.
- But she piled on the pounds after the birth of her son, George, nine months ago and singing took a back seat as her confidence dwindled.
- The role of the citizen is taking a back seat to decisions being made about our communities and the environment.
More definitions of back seatDefinition of back seat in:
- The US English dictionary