Definition of backcast in English:
A backward swing of a fishing line preparatory to casting.
- Wading usually is easy over a gravel bottom of predictable depth and flow, with ample room for backcasts.
- With grace and ease that he had entirely lacked, she executed a perfect backcast.
- Keeping the trailing bucket and line inside the wide arc of the backcast is a prudent policy.
verb (past and past participle backcast)[no object] Back to top
Make a backcast.
- ‘Why don't you show Jake how to backcast? ‘suggested Terry.’
- A fly rod is an excellent option for night fishing on a low, open pier or dock where room for safe backcasting is available.
Definition of backcast in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan