Definition of backcast in English:
A backward swing of a fishing line preparatory to casting.
- Wading usually is easy over a gravel bottom of predictable depth and flow, with ample room for backcasts.
- With grace and ease that he had entirely lacked, she executed a perfect backcast.
- Keeping the trailing bucket and line inside the wide arc of the backcast is a prudent policy.
verb (past and past participle backcast)[no object] Back to top
Make a backcast.
- ‘Why don't you show Jake how to backcast? ‘suggested Terry.’
- A fly rod is an excellent option for night fishing on a low, open pier or dock where room for safe backcasting is available.
Definition of backcast in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.