- A backward somersault done in the air with the arms and legs stretched out straight.More example sentences
- Already, the 30 squad gymnasts, aged between six and 18, are perfecting backflips and somersaults, and are looking forward to showing them off in a competition next month.
- He did somersaults, backflips, and other types of jumps.
- When you see physical strength and ability like that, it's really inspiring - it makes me want to do handstands and backflips.
More definitions of backflipDefinition of backflip in:
- The US English dictionary