- 1A board game in which two players move their pieces around twenty-four triangular points according to the throw of dice, the winner being the first to remove all their pieces from the board.More example sentences
- Also included are checkers and backgammon boards and pieces.
- Compare backgammon, where first moves for each possible opening dice roll are well-analysed, but there is virtually no opening theory after that.
- The aim of the game, as in modern backgammon, is to move all your pieces to your ‘home ground’ and then off the board before your opponent can do so with theirs.
- 1.1 [count noun] The most complete form of win in the game of backgammon.More example sentences
- Although backgammons are fairly unusual, gammons are not and are a significant factor in most doubling decisions.
- For instance, in certain winning positions called gammon and backgammon, the stake is doubled or trebled, respectively.
More definitions of backgammonDefinition of backgammon in:
- The US English dictionary