noun[mass noun] Astronomy
- The uniform microwave radiation remaining from the Big Bang.More example sentences
- This microwave interference came to be recognized as cosmic background radiation, a remnant of the Big Bang.
- We are also exposed to naturally occurring radiation or background radiation.
- It's called the cosmic background radiation - radiation that originated in that primordial fire ball.
More definitions of background radiationDefinition of background radiation in:
- The US English dictionary