- An official briefing or handout giving background information.More example sentences
- A year and a half ago he did a press briefing, a backgrounder, in which he praised the president.
- When he was an MP it was left to as assistant to prepare detailed backgrounders for his questions in Parliament.
- She has compiled an excellent backgrounder on the different reform proposals at the Council on Foreign Relations web site.
More definitions of backgrounderDefinition of backgrounder in:
- The US English dictionary