- An outdoor area in a film studio where large exterior sets are made and some outside scenes are filmed.More example sentences
- Despite the fact the film is entirely shot on the studio's backlot in Hollywood, it even manages to convey a European flavour.
- In a film genre simply awash with studio backlots and blue screen trickery, this film has its own distinctive look.
- If you can manage to avoid obsessing on the obvious sets and studio backlots, and the sometimes ill-advised camera maneuvers, and pay attention to the acting and writing, then you won't be disappointed.
More definitions of backlotDefinition of backlot in:
- The US English dictionary