- The reciprocal provision of help or support, typically in an underhand or illicit manner: the friendship thrives on little more than mutual backscratching [as modifier]: backscratching politicsMore example sentences
- As a comprehensive report on media lobbying by the Center for Public Integrity demonstrates, when it comes to mutual backscratching, the primates in the National Zoo have nothing over the networks and Congress.
- All in all, it makes me wonder what the organization is getting in return from their government backscratching - other than the short end of the stick.
- I hope, however, that they are equally keen on maintaining the age-old tradition of literary backscratching.
More definitions of backscratchingDefinition of backscratching in:
- The US English dictionary