1 informal A person’s buttocks.
- The old woman boasts that they would change their minds if only they got a look at her backside because one buttock, as she has mentioned twice already, is missing.
- There is a certain idea that you should sit in an enclosed theatre, and feel the seats through your backside as you listen very carefully to the language being enunciated so clearly.
- ‘I can bear a few more hours of riding, I think,’ Viola replied, but without much conviction and a slow shift of her backside in her seat.
2chiefly North American The reverse or rear side of something: the backside of the hill
More example sentences
- Then, with four laps to go, he decided that he didn't need my help anymore and attacked going up the hill on the backside of the course.
- There was an icy tailwind and blowing mist as she, Amy, and Pat began to pick up too much speed descending the long hill down the backside of the Tehachapi pass.
- The viewer was to peer through the hole from the backside of the panel into a mirror, which reversed the image again, reflecting the view in the correct direction.
(Of a manoeuvre in surfing and other board sports) done clockwise for a regular rider and anticlockwise for a goofy rider.
- Next would be big backside floaters or under the lip lay back snaps.
- Some tricks to consider next are kickflips, heelflips, backside 180s, and frontside 180s.
- His backside air drop at huge Pipe is still stuck in my head.
Words that rhyme with backsidetrackside
Definition of backside in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.