- A backward spin given to a moving ball, causing it to stop more quickly or rebound at a steeper angle on hitting a surface.More example sentences
- They went straight at the hole, catching the ball cleanly and counting on backspin to stop the ball very close to where it landed.
- The subject was a hitting mechanic called ‘palm up,’ which is a technique many good hitters use to get backspin on the ball and increase the distance of their drives.
- The idea is to kick an inch behind the tip of the ball, which produces backspin.
More definitions of backspinDefinition of backspin in:
- The US English dictionary