- another term for water boatman ( sense 1).More example sentences
- She pointed out damselfly larva, water beetles, tadpoles, backswimmers, dragon fly larva and snails as they circled around in our tiny sample of the marsh.
- Adult and larval backswimmers eat smaller animals in the water including bloodworms and aquatic larvae.
- Holding its pale back away from the sunlight makes the backswimmer harder for predators to spot.
More definitions of backswimmerDefinition of backswimmer in:
- The US English dictionary