- A debt that cannot be recovered.More example sentences
- The financier eventually receives the proceeds of the debts, the trader usually agreeing to repurchase any bad debts.
- As the accounts stated, the loss was due to claims under a policy written for the solicitors' indemnity fund and for bad debts on reinsurance recoveries.
- The financial crisis has now left many of these banks on the verge of insolvency with large portfolios of insecure loans and bad debts.
More definitions of bad debtDefinition of bad debt in:
- The US English dictionary