North American • informal
- 1A tough, uncompromising, or intimidating person: one of them is a real badass, the other’s pretty friendlyMore example sentences
- Together they run through the obligatory tunes about being badasses, living for rock 'n' roll, and, in classic metal ballad form, confessing that even a confirmed rock 'n' roll badass needs a lady by his side.
- I wonder if he is physically up for playing one of the biggest badasses I've ever encountered in my (decidedly pathetic) comic-reading history?
- Police need to know we're watching them, that getting personal and acting like unruly badasses helps us do the same and gives all the many good cops a bad name.
- 1.1A formidably impressive person: she is so wonderful, so sweet, so rad, so amazing; she’s a badassMore example sentences
- All of a sudden you're the biggest badass in tech journalism and can write wherever you want.
- "Thankfully my wife is a total badass, which is why I've been able to do what I do," he says.
- She was a total badass who fought against the government, capitalism and inequality.
adjectiveBack to top
- 1Tough, uncompromising, or intimidating: a badass demeanourMore example sentences
- She tries to be tough and wild and badass while reviving the grunge rock of the early 1990s with an angsty feminine twist.
- He turns stereotypically feminine qualities like compassion and forgiveness into swarthy, macho rebel stances - this is one big, badass Jesus.
- The first two seasons set up an expectation that you'd be seeing people getting whacked every episode, and a lot of badass mob stuff - the kind of thing certain people can live vicariously through.
- 1.1Impressive; excellent: this was one badass cameraMore example sentences
- When you get down to the fundamentals, maybe I shouldn't be building the biggest badass processors I can make.
- We took in the Sixers/Nets game over some badass wings and a few buckets of beers.
- Not even if he's incredibly smart and gorgeous and into the same kind of music as you and has a mind like a razor and a badass haircut and kisses like a dream?
More definitions of badassDefinition of badass in:
- The US English dictionary