- A mineral consisting largely of zirconium dioxide, ranging from colourless to yellow, brown, or black.More example sentences
- Having determined the age of the Ballachulish Igneous Complex, we now examine the behaviour of the U-bearing accessory minerals baddeleyite, zircon and monazite in the Ballachulish metamorphic aureole.
- Interestingly, their first choice of name was brazilite, but that name had already been applied to the mineral baddeleyite.
- The U content of these metamorphic baddeleyites is towards the low end of the range seen in igneous baddeleyite, but not sufficiently different to be diagnostic.
late 19th century: named after Joseph Baddeley, English traveller, + -ite1.
More definitions of baddeleyiteDefinition of baddeleyite in:
- The US English dictionary