- The practice of marketing a motor vehicle under two or more brand names or badges.More example sentences
- That's probably a good thing, considering how long GM was deservedly blasted for allowing cookie-cutter styling and shameless badge engineering to overrun its once-great portfolio.
- The sheer size of the operation makes it imperative to produce as many vehicles as possible from the same tooling sets, which places a premium on badge engineering.
- Yes, badge engineering is being used again and behind the sleek bodywork and interior, massaged drivetrain and modified chassis, is a Rover 75 station wagon.
More definitions of badge engineeringDefinition of badge engineering in:
- The US English dictionary