- Impossible to understand; perplexing: the crime is a baffling mystery for the policeMore example sentences
- His response to a Financial Times article uncovering a ratings model error was equally baffling.
- Why he would go to such extraordinary lengths is baffling.
- Talking to someone who doesn't give you her full attention is rather baffling.
- [as submodifier]: his team selection has been bafflingly erraticMore example sentences
- Some of the tunes are bafflingly uncategorisable.
- It is a bafflingly charmless incident, unleavened by wit.
- Kurtz was bafflingly good at sending back huge quantities of ivory.