Definition of baffling in English:
Impossible to understand; perplexing: the crime is a baffling mystery for the police
More example sentences
- There is a baffling array of ISA funds out there, offered by a vast number of investment companies.
- His management style, his beliefs, are a baffling blend that defies categorization.
- All I did was introduce myself, and she paid me what seemed at first like a baffling compliment.
- [as submodifier]: his team selection has been bafflingly erraticMore example sentences
- Some of the tunes are bafflingly uncategorisable.
- The identity and motive of Alexander's would-be killer prove predictable and irrelevant, while the vague supernatural undertones of the flashbacks are bafflingly silly, introduced abruptly and forgotten just as quickly.
- This is where science & technology take over - except, curiously enough, researchers are yet to fully grasp the physics of swing bowling, just as they have failed, equally bafflingly, to find a cure for common cold.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.