Coarse fabric, typically of cotton.
- Cotton muslin,. i.e., a type of gray baft, or if affordable, some other higher quality cotton cloth can be used.
- The exceptions were the white cotton cloth called baft and the off-white cloth that was called malti or mansuri or kham.
- Poets of the Mughal durbar likened our muslins to baft hawa (woven air).
1.1 [as noun] An award given each year by BAFTA for outstanding achievement in British film and television: three of the cast won Baftas
More example sentences
- I thought it would be like an awards ceremony like the Bafta's but it was nothing like that.
- The scripts are then filmed and all the would-be comics are presented with a Dafta - Colin's version of the drama award, the Bafta.
- She was nominated for Best Actress for Tomorrow La Scala at the Bafta and RTS awards in 2003.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.