- A person who loads and unloads items of luggage at an airport: a planned strike by baggage handlers threatened disruption for thousands of travellersMore example sentences
- Customs officials say at least 20 baggage handlers and cargo handlers at JFK Airport used their positions to bypass security and smuggle drugs into New York.
- We don't want people to land in Spain during the strike because there are no baggage handlers and there is no transport once they get there.
- But some travelers lock their suitcases, as they don't want the bags either accidentally opening up in transit or being opened up by some baggage handler looking for something to filch.
More definitions of baggage handlerDefinition of baggage handler in:
- The US English dictionary