Definition of bai in English:
noun (plural bais)Indian
1 [often as name] A polite form of address for a woman.
- I had hoped to compose for Lata bai for a long time.
- Sold at an open auction by the panchayat in a town of Madhya Pradesh a few years ago, Devaki bai had nothing but bad memories of the past.
- I went to meet Bhanwri bai and she narrated the whole story to me.
- Then the daily bai Rosita will also come to help you.
- I derive strength from everyday women, like my bai or my cook,’ she says excitedly.
- The less privileged instinctively know this and that's why even your bai will somehow scrimp and scrounge but prefer to send her child to an ‘English medium’ school.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan