Definition of baitcasting in English:
Fishing by throwing a bait or lure into the water on the end of a line using a rod and reel.
- When it comes to fishing reels, the Holy Grail would be one of the early 19th century brass baitcasting reels handmade by Kentucky watchmaker George Snyder, according to a review of the Old Reel Collectors Club website.
- They were armed with standard largemouth bass tackle - baitcasting reels, stout casting rods and what looked to be 12-to 17-pound line.
- For baitcasting, go with a 6 1/2-to 7-foot rod in a medium or medium-light action rod.
- baitcaster noun
- Example sentences
- These rods have wrap around eyes that allow the line to come off the baitcasters like a spinning rod.
- Traditionally, baitcasters were only found in freshwater environments being used by bass fisherman.
- There sure is a fair amount of miss-information flowing around on baitcasters or overheads.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.