Definition of baitcasting in English:
Fishing by throwing a bait or lure into the water on the end of a line using a rod and reel.
- When it comes to fishing reels, the Holy Grail would be one of the early 19th century brass baitcasting reels handmade by Kentucky watchmaker George Snyder, according to a review of the Old Reel Collectors Club website.
- They were armed with standard largemouth bass tackle - baitcasting reels, stout casting rods and what looked to be 12-to 17-pound line.
- For baitcasting, go with a 6 1/2-to 7-foot rod in a medium or medium-light action rod.
- Example sentences
- These rods have wrap around eyes that allow the line to come off the baitcasters like a spinning rod.
- Traditionally, baitcasters were only found in freshwater environments being used by bass fisherman.
- There sure is a fair amount of miss-information flowing around on baitcasters or overheads.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan