1A person whose trade is making and selling bread and cakes.
- We had the candles, hatters, cobblers and bakers representing the strong trades in Rathkeale in the 19th century.
- The yeast used to make beer is the same type that is used to make bread - in fact, breweries used to sell their yeast to bakers for use in bread.
- When a baker sells his bread for money to a shoemaker, he has supplied the shoemaker with his saved unconsumed bread.
1.1 [often with modifier] An oven for a particular purpose: a waffle baker
More example sentences
- Hildebrand followed Timon's gaze to the slight girl leaning against the stall of a pastry baker.
- I joined your list his week because of an interest in making bread with a bread baker.
- My kids (22, 25) come for Sunday brunch and love the smell when they walk into the kitchen after I have programmed my bread baker.
Words that rhyme with bakeracre, breaker, Chandrasekhar, faker, forsaker, Jamaica, Laker, maker, nacre, partaker, Quaker, raker, saker, shaker, staker, taker, undertaker, waker
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: baker
Definition of baker in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.