- A group of thirteen: an anthology comprising a baker’s dozen stimulating stories[from the former bakers' custom of adding an extra loaf to a dozen sold to a retailer, this constituting the latter's profit]More example sentences
- As you probably know a baker's dozen is thirteen, one more than a normal person's dozen.
- The King's Consort, in its orchestral guise at the Sir Jack Lyons Concert Hall, boasted a baker's dozen of strings, along with pairs of oboes and recorders, with Robert King ducking and weaving at the harpsichord.
- Given that she was clearly going to Sofia to buy cheap costume jewellery, obviously having purchased and draped herself in everything her village had in stock (or she had mugged a baker's dozen of chalga singers to get it all)
More definitions of baker's dozenDefinition of baker's dozen in:
- The US English dictionary