- A dessert originating in the Middle East made of filo pastry filled with chopped nuts and soaked in honey.More example sentences
- A favorite dessert is baklava (flaky pastry dough with nuts soaked in sweet syrup).
- If this is so, baklava actually pre-dated filo, and the paper-thin pastry we know today was probably an innovation of the Ottoman sultan's kitchens at Topkapi palace in Istanbul.
- Typical desserts include placinte, a kind of pie, and baclava, a pastry made of nuts and honey.
More definitions of baklavaDefinition of baklava in:
- The US English dictionary