Definition of balance of power in English:
1A situation in which states of the world have roughly equal power.
- As already noted, Soviet power was certainly an important element in the Cold War balance of power in East Asia.
- For instance, policies of the balance of power might lead to assistance being given to regimes with bad human rights records.
- This legislation changes the balance of power in corporate New Zealand.
2The power held by a small group when larger groups are of equal strength.
- The great strength of this nation must be used to promote a balance of power that favors freedom.
- The power structure, in particular the balance of power between the centre and the periphery was in constant need of repair.
- Chelsea's win leaves them the only remaining bastion of power in the south as the balance of power again swings north.
Definition of balance of power in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.