- An action or activity that requires a delicate balance between different situations or requirements: he performed a political balancing act, making gestures towards the left as well as the rightMore example sentences
- The balancing act required is a delicate dance between playing the waiting game and taking action.
- Here is a perfect example of the delicate balancing act that is required when making decisions on use of the green belt.
- The present situation demands a delicate balancing act from Martin, too.
More definitions of balancing actDefinition of balancing act in:
- The US English dictionary