(also baliage, balliage)
- A technique for highlighting hair in which the dye is painted on in such a way as to create a graduated, natural-looking effect: she specializes in balayage, colour corrections, restyles, and extensionsMore example sentences
- I'd heard about the balayage technique, but after a disastrous run-in with bleach as a teen I was afraid of highlights and thought I'd be better off boring brown.
- My stylist doesn't know how to do baliage - maybe I'll have to try someone new.
- I am considering going to a salon that offers balliage highlights.
1970s: French, literally 'sweeping', from balayer 'to sweep'.
More definitions of balayageDefinition of balayage in:
- The US English dictionary