- The basic monetary unit of Panama, equal to 100 centésimos.More example sentences
- The unit of currency is the balboa, which is pegged to the United States dollar.
- The greenback also has parity with the Bermudan, Bahamian, and Liberian dollars, taking it into Africa, plus the Panamanian balboa.
- Panama issues a domestic currency, the balboa (1 balboa = US $1), but it circulates only as coins.
named after Vasco Núñez de Balboa (see Balboa, Vasco Núñez de).
More definitions of balboaDefinition of balboa in:
- The US English dictionary