- A knitted cotton fabric, used for stockings and underwear: [as modifier]: balbriggan stockingsMore example sentences
- Balbriggan eventually came to refer to the underwear made from the cloth.
- Balbriggan is a knitted cotton fabric named after the Irish town.
- Contract cleaners use white terry, balbriggan and sheets.
late 19th century: named after the town of Balbriggan in Ireland, where it was originally made.
More definitions of balbrigganDefinition of balbriggan in:
- The US English dictionary