- Senseless talk or writing; nonsense: she dismissed talk of plots as ‘balderdash’More example sentences
- And all this talk of it being a man's world is pure balderdash, poppycock and gibberish.
- I've got to say that it's absolute balderdash and poppycock.
- ‘What I have heard tonight is a bunch of balderdash,’ she said of council's concerns.
late 16th century (denoting a frothy liquid; later, an unappetizing mixture of drinks): of unknown origin.
More definitions of balderdashDefinition of balderdash in:
- The US English dictionary