(British also baulky)
adjective (balkier, balkiest; baulkier, baulkiest)chiefly US
- Awkward; uncooperative: he was trying to get his balky horse to moveMore example sentences
- The biggest obstacle that could keep Hernandez from finishing strong is a balky knee.
- Unless these conditions were complied with, gravity served no better than a balky horse - it would not work at all…
- Even the dean hollered ‘Rana’ when his machine was balky.
More definitions of balkyDefinition of balky in:
- The US English dictionary