Definition of ball valve in English:
1A one-way valve that is opened and closed by pressure on a ball which fits into a cup-shaped opening.
- Then we open the ball valve, sending the full force of the water uphill to the adjoining vegetable field.
- The machine features a mechanical ball valve that pushes and regulates grout with a maximum flow rate of 25-cubic-yards per hour.
- To assemble the unit, thread the nipple into the ball valve, then thread the nipple into the bushing.
1.1British another term for ballcock.
- Until whatever distant date in the future my landlord comes back, you have to stick your hand down in the tank and lift the flapper ball valve yourself.
- It has been five decades since the Department of Science and Industrial Research announced the invention of a new type of ball valve which would hush the flush.
- My products are items like metal castings, ball valves and other plumb fitting accessories widely used by all residential properties.
Definition of ball valve in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.