Definition of ball valve in English:
1A one-way valve that is opened and closed by pressure on a ball which fits into a cup-shaped opening.
- Then we open the ball valve, sending the full force of the water uphill to the adjoining vegetable field.
- The machine features a mechanical ball valve that pushes and regulates grout with a maximum flow rate of 25-cubic-yards per hour.
- To assemble the unit, thread the nipple into the ball valve, then thread the nipple into the bushing.
1.1British another term for ballcock.
- Until whatever distant date in the future my landlord comes back, you have to stick your hand down in the tank and lift the flapper ball valve yourself.
- It has been five decades since the Department of Science and Industrial Research announced the invention of a new type of ball valve which would hush the flush.
- My products are items like metal castings, ball valves and other plumb fitting accessories widely used by all residential properties.
Definition of ball valve in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan