- A valve which is linked by a hinged arm to a ball floating on top of a liquid and opens or closes a tap automatically according to the height of the ball, especially in the cistern of a flushing toilet.More example sentences
- I can't even remember if the problem to do with the header tank and the problem to do with the ballcock stop valve were connected, physically or metaphorically.
- Two other reasons for flushing problems could be that the flush valve or the ballcock need to be replaced.
- From these, the water was piped to a ballcock regulated cistern, and from there to a small pond constructed of cement and limestone rocks to blend in with the surroundings.
More definitions of ballcockDefinition of ballcock in:
- The US English dictionary