Definition of ballerina in English:
1A female ballet dancer.
- Ballet dancers, little ballerinas, women in intimate situations and horse races are the subjects that are immediately associated with him.
- I feel very proud of being a ballerina of this great ballet company.
- I began watching the company in the fifties, when a quintet of highly individual ballerinas reigned over the female roster.
2 [usually as modifier] A ballet shoe: wear ballerina pumps with a pretty day dress for a perfect spring/summer look New Yorkers walk a lot, so ballerinas make sense
More example sentences
- She shows me weekend bags, handbags and clutches, beach towels and sandals and ballerina flats.
- Bright shoes are only chic with a dressy evening ensemble, or in the form of ballerina slippers to be worn with country cottons, after-ski skirts, and trousers.
- We wore ballerina shoes and full black taffeta skirts, and short coats of such colours as robin's egg blue, cerise red, lime green.
Words that rhyme with ballerinaAdelina, Angelina, arena, Argentina, Ballymena, Bettina, Bukovina, Burkina, cantina, Cartagena, casuarina, catena, Christina, cleaner, concertina, congener, contravener, convener, Cortina, demeanour (US demeanor), deus ex machina, duodena, Edwina, Ena, farina, Filipina, galena, Georgina, Gina, gleaner, hyena, Ina, intervener, kachina, kina, Magdalena, marina, Martina, Medina, Messalina, Messina, misdemeanour (US misdemeanor), Nina, novena, ocarina, Palestrina, Pasadena, Philomena, piscina, retsina, Rowena, Sabrina, scarlatina, screener, Selina, semolina, Seraphina, Serena, Sheena, signorina, sonatina, subpoena, Taormina, tsarina, verbena, vina, weaner, Wilhelmina, Zena
Definition of ballerina in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia