nounNorth American informal
A player who is good at getting possession of or catching the ball.
More example sentences
- He such an instinctive player, a ballhawk in that sense.
- Both are ballhawks that study more film than most other defensive players.
- Now Green is a ballhawk who ranks among the better strong safeties as a pass defender.
- More example sentences
- The team desperately needs defensive playmakers and would love to find a ballhawking cornerback.
- Now he has to take on a ballhawking Ravens defense.
- Defensively, they need a ballhawking safety, an interior pass rusher and more speed at linebacker.
Definition of ballhawk in:
- The US English dictionary