Definition of ballroom in English:
1A large room for formal dancing.
- There were ballrooms, three dining rooms, a social hall, beauty and barbershops, four bars, a Grand Salon and other entertainment salons.
- I live in the biggest rooms: the drawing room, the dining room and the ballroom.
- The main hall has stone pillars and gives access to a ballroom, drawing room and library.
2 [mass noun] Ballroom dancing: the number of people learning ballroom has doubled in the last two years
More example sentences
- It was the same as teaching ballroom everywhere: you were part dance teacher, part well-mannered gigolo.
- From ballroom, ballet and modern jazz to aerobics, dancerise, gymnastics, & jitterbug, dancing is the fun way to keep fit.
- In this way, we teenagers picked up ballroom, jazz, jive and the frowned upon jitter bugging.
Definition of ballroom in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan