- 1A round brimless hat with a cockade or ribbons attached, worn by certain Scottish regiments.More example sentences
- When a fedora, a bowler, a balmoral, a tam-o'-shanter, a Bombay Bowler, a pork-pie or a floppy-brimmed wideawake?
- Some purists insist that balmorals are not ‘berets’ but ‘civilians’ call a Scottish blue bonnet a beret.
- He is a specialist in the production of highland hats such as glengarries for pipers/drummers and balmorals for daywear use.
- 2A heavy laced leather walking boot.More example sentences
- Bluchers are more appropriate than balmorals with jeans and business-casual, but balmorals are more appropriate with suits.
- I believe balmorals should have a gap of ¼ " and bluchers about ¾ "; otherwise it looks so school-boyish.
- Since balmorals are more formal than bluchers and broguing makes shoes less formal, where does this leave those shoes that are both brogued and balmorals?
More definitions of balmoralDefinition of balmoral in:
- The US English dictionary